Grossmont Union High School District

School Choice 2020 - 2021

Transfers through School Choice Open Enrollment
The general School Choice process for families who would like to enroll their student in another district school is as follows: School Choice requires that the Online Registration be completed first. Once complete and the registration has been processed, parents will be able to create a Campus Portal account. Once created, parents can make their request through that portal account during the School Choice window. 

Requests for transfers based on "Guaranteed Choice" Boundary Transitional Areas* and based on Sibling Current Attendance,** will be determined during the School Choice process. Using the portal, families must select the Open Enrollment option, commit during the School Choice window and by the School Choice deadline. These factors will be determined and verified during the approval process.
Timeline for School Choice

Opens: December 2, 2019 at 8:00 AM
Closes: February 28, 2020 by 4:00 PM

Notice of Approval:Check back for specific dates
School Choice results will be posted to the Infinite Campus Portal by 4:00pm.  All students who are approved for their first choice option will automatically be accepted to the new school.  Students who do not receive their first choice option, but receive an approval for a secondary choice option, must confirm their acceptance within the Infinite Campus Portal.
Window to Accept Secondary Choice Option: Check back for specific dates
Parent/guardians must accept approval of secondary choice option through their Infinite Campus Portal during this time. If you do not, your student will remain enrolled in the school of residence. 
** - Sibling transfer option is only available to students who currently have a sibling attending the same GUHSD school in grades 9-11. 


As our system transitions from Campus Portal to Campus Parent, not all features are available in both platforms. To complete School Choice, please navigate to Campus Portal. See below on how to switch from one platform to the other. 
1. Click the menu (hamburger) button on the left side of the green bar.
Campus Parent menu button  
2. Click the "Parent" down arrow.  When you hover over it,  the tool tip will say "App Switcher." 
Campus parent down arrow
3. Select "Portal".
Campus parent app switcher - parent and portal 
ETS HELP DESK M-F 7AM - 4:00 619-956-4357
Application Support Phone Hours 7:00am - 4:00pm