Grossmont Union High School District

If Requesting to Attend the Grossmont Union High School District:
  • Please work with your home district to go over the guidelines and timelines they have for the interdistrict transfer process.  They will instruct you on how to obtain a transfer.
  • GUHSD's Student Support Services department will review all transfer requests regularly and mail home a copy of the interdistrict request form with the decision selected at the bottom. Please note that a few of our school sites are heavily impacted and we recommend always putting a 2nd choice on your form.
  • For additional information about GUHSD policies on Interdistrict Transfers click on Board Policy or Administrative Regulations
If Leaving the Grossmont Union High School District:
  • Please print out and complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form 341).
  • Submit the permit by doing one of the following:
1. Email it to Cherrie Launder at

2. Mail it to our office at:
PO Box 1043
La Mesa, CA 91944
Attn: Student Support Services

3. Deliver it in person to:
District Office (in person dropoff):
1100 Murray Dr.
El Cajon, CA 92020
  •  The GUHSD Student Support Services Department will process the forms on a regular basis and, if approved, send the form to the district you wish to attend. 
  •  The requesting district will then process according to their guidelines and timelines and will notify you once a decision is made.
Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit                   Solictud de Permiso para Asistencia Interdistrital
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Cherrie Launder at or call our office at (619) 644-8012.