When can participation begin?
All classified and certificated active employees working a 50% or more contract.
- First of the month following date of employment
- Spouse (Same or Opposite gender)
- Domestic Partner (Declaration on Domestic Partnership approved by the State of California)
- Dependent Children
- Dental and life insurance up to age 19 (or to age 25, for full time student)
- Medical and vision up to age 26.
- Employees who have ten (10) years of service with GUHSD and attain age 54 or older are eligible to retire with health benefits (medical, dental, vision, medical buy out and EAP). Retiree benefits terminate the last day of the month of which the retiree turns age 65 (Medicare eligibility).
- Management employees who retire from GUHSD and are hired at another school district, will lose eligibility for retiree health benefits.
- Retirees who move to another state, are no longer eligible for District medical and vision benefits. If individual medical and vision coverage is attained, the retiree will be eligible for reimbursement. Contact the Benefits Office for further information.
© Copyright Grossmont Union High School District and its licensors. All rights reserved.
Website Developed By CatapultK12™ | Log In