This inservice opportunity is available for athletic coaches (school or walk-on), cheer advisors & coaches, and P.E. teachers. District offered CPR/First Aid Training is valid for two years from the date of inservice. If you are an athletic coach, cheer advisor or coach, or P.E. teacher who needs to attend CPR/First Aid training in order to remain eligible for coaching/teaching sports, please contact your Athletic VP Secretary at your school site to register for one of the training dates listed. Extended Curricular Programs does not accept registrations directly from training participants.
Precautionary measures for Fall 2020 CPR/1st Aid trainings:
- Masks - each person attending the class is asked to bring their own mask.
- Social Distancing - class sizes limited to one person per table (12-15 participants in the Mollison Classroom B, 1/2 the size of prior classes).
- Hand Sanitizer - a dispenser in the classroom.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises, training equipment and materials.
- First Aid - individuals will wrap their own legs/extremities for skills practice.
- CPR - simulated breaths and one Annie per table.
The District will assume the training cost for participants who sign-up and attend this training. Please note that for weekday trainings, schools sites will need to cover the costs for participants' substitutes, or participants can opt to take a Professional Growth Day.
Individuals who sign-up for this program should write a deposit check to the Grossmont Union High School District for $49.00
for Full Certification (recertification is no longer offered). All checks will be returned or destroyed by the school site for individuals who attend the training. The check for individuals who sign-up but do not attend will be sent to the Extended Curricular Programs office and will be cashed by the District. This procedure is needed to insure sure that fixed workshop costs are covered with the CPR/First Aid provider.
In order to determine the number of necessary trainers and materials, it is important that you call or e-mail Extended Curricular Programs ASAP to reserve a place for class participants. Please inform all CPR/First Aid training participants of the following:
- Their names will be added to the sign-up list at Extended Curricular Programs after they write a check for $49.00 and give it to the Vice Principal-Athletics Secretary
- They should wear long pants to prevent knee abrasions or bring knee pads
- They should bring an ink pen
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH WILL BE ON YOUR OWN.
If you have any questions, please contact Extended Curricular Programs, (619) 644-8017.
PLEASE NOTE: The State of California no longer recognizes recertification...everyone must take the full class in order to receive a two-year certification card, and the District is not accepting certificates/cards from courses taken on-line.
Unless otherwise noted on the flyer, below, all classes will be:
From 8am to 12noon
Professional Development Classroom B
301 N. Mollison
El Cajon, CA 92021