When can participation begin?
All classified and certificated active employees working a 50% or more contract.
- First of the month following date of employment
- Spouse (Same or Opposite gender)
- Domestic Partner (Declaration on Domestic Partnership approved by the State of California)
- Dependent Children
- Dental and life insurance up to age 19 (or to age 25, for full time student)
- Medical and vision up to age 26.
- Employees are eligible for retiree medical, medical buy out, vision and dental up to Medicare eligible age (65) if they have been with the District for 10 years and attain age 54 (management employees are eligible at age 55).